This saddle is named after the bird known for endurance and perseverence, the Sharp-Tailed grouse. This saddle, like the grouse, has a “sharp-tail” (check out the photos). This is one of our original designs done over 15 years ago! A classic that still looks great! This is our only saddle that comes in a light natural leather or black. The seat has a higher angle than our other models. Be sure to check out the photos and the full description.
Gaited Saddles: These gaited saddles are built on a specially designed gaited tree. It works well on most Tennessee Walkers, Spotted Saddle Horses, Racking Horses, and most of the other southern gaited breeds. If you have a MFT, Paso Fino, or Rocky Mountain, gaited horse that is difficult to fit, contact us for my recommendations. NOTE: This saddle does not seem to fit most Arabians.
- Gaited Saddle Pad (premium or regular)
- Bridle and Breast Collar
Full Details for the Sharp Tail
- Flared gullet especially for gaited horses
- Great fit and great contact
- Light weight only 24 pounds
- Wood/fiberglass reinforced tree
- Tasteful hand tooling
- Full Grain……soft, supple leather
- Leather with nylon reinforced stirrup/fender straps. Prevents holes from streaching.
- High density foam padded leather seat.
- 4 1/2″ cantle
- Cheyenne cantle roll ( great when you need to grab onto something)
- Sharp tail…..split rear skirt
- Latigo ties
- Nylon fleece lining
- Especially made for short back horses
- Special engraved aluminum stirrups
- Angled rear D’s for “cross fire rigging”
- Double ply girth straps for extra strength and wear.
- We used the best leather on this saddle. Soft and supple!
We use only FULL GRAIN, soft, supple leather. Full Grain Leather is THE BEST leather available. Our leather is purchased from Argentina and hand-crafted. Of course you can purchase top-grain and genuine leather, but please watch this video to understand the difference (top gran and genuine leather are of a lesser quality that full-grain leather).
Rich, our founder and designer, has worked for many years to develop our gaited saddles with their comfortable and great looking, western styles. Check out the amazon feedback about Rich and our products on both eBay and Facebook for over a decade.
Need Full QH bars?
Do you like our saddle designs, but don’t have a gaited horse? We are expanding our same styles and customer service to full quarter horse bars. These products can be pre-purchased by inquiring here.